Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Revlon Sun Candy - Shimmering Sunset

Hi anyone that's reading this. I've sort of been slacking a lot when it comes to posting. Honestly I'm just being lazy...and I've starting playing World of Warcraft again. I had stopped for a little while and I just started again recently, around Christmas. Not to mention I started playing Neopets again. Too many games! Anyways you're here to see nail polish, so let's get to it!

So I was shopping at target and on a whim I went down one of the cosmetics lanes and saw this and had to snap it up. It's one of Revlon's new polishes from it's Sun Candy line, just like Moon Candy, this comes in a tube with one solid, cream polish at one end and a fine, glitter, polish topper at the other end. 


It is currently the polish I'm wearing on my nails and have been for the past three days which is why you can see so much tip wear.


As for the formula, the pink was nice and creamy, self levelling and decent coverage (two coats) however the glitter, while gorgeously orangey-gold, was a bit thick and on the gloopy side. Nothing that couldn't be worked around just felt really thick.

Drying time was average. I wore a base coat of Nail Tek nail strengthener, two coats of the pink, a coat of the glitter and topped it with a generous coat of Seche Vite to smooth everything out, and with about five mins of drying time between EACH coat it still took more than 20 mins to become dry to the touch. Then it was tacky for about 30 more mins. Meh.

While I've toned down my polish purchasing a lot, I had to snap these up, as they are just too gorgeous. I was only able to find four at my local Target and one Walgreens near my house had one left and another had nought. I'm still on the lookout for more because the colour palette it totally up my alley.

L-R: Sun Shower, Solar Flare, Pink Dawn, Shimmering Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment